Thursday 22 December 2011

CHAPTER 1: HOW THE LORD AMAZINGLY HEALED MY NIECE FROM AN “INCURABLE” DISEASE


Before I present my testimony, I want to give the testimony of my elder sister’s 5 year old daughter called Sonia.

Sonia was born with a blood disease. And so few months after she was born, she started being very weak, sickly, yellow-eyed, swollen knees, swollen toes, very painful elbow, very painful fingers. And she was almost all the time crying and looking dejected, bored, and miserable and in terrible pain unimaginable for a 5 year child who had just landed on planet earth.

Sonia was thus taken to many hospitals and she was eventually diagnosed with Sickle-Cell Anaemia. And as you may be aware, Sickle-Cell Anaemia is among the diseases listed by the World Health Organization to be incurable. It’s stated that once you are born with it, you die with it and infact at a certain age most victims if not all do die. And once you have it, the patient is put under daily pain-killers which relieve the victim of the pain caused by the congestion of the sickle cell shaped red blood cells as they attempt to pass through the blood veins in the joints. The medics say that for one to be treated of sickle cell Anaemia there should be born-marrow transplant, a process which is extremely very expensive and chances of success are minimal. This treatment is almost non-existent in Africa.

And so Sonia was put under medication including herbal treatment and everyday she had to be given medicine to at least reduce the pain and the swell, without which she would not sleep and would cry the whole night of the pain and swell in her joints. She was thus perpetually a miserable and a dejected child.

In April 2011, I went to visit my sister and I found Sonia admitted to Hospital for a period of one week. I then informed my sister that in June 2011, there would be then an upcoming revival meeting of the LORD and GOD Almighty; Jehovah had decreed that massive healing service was going to take place. And so I told my sister that since she was not in a position to make it for the meeting due to unavoidable commitments she had and Sonia also won’t make it due to her condition, I requested her to give me the cloth of Sonia so that on that weekend of the revival meeting I would travel to the meeting of the LORD with the cloth and by faith the LORD would remember Sonia.

And so on 4th June 2011, I was in Kericho, Kenya to attend the end-time healing and revival meeting of the LORD co-ordinated by God’s servant prophet Dr. David Owuor. And so when the LORD brought him to the fully packed stadium, there was a mighty praise and worship and as he started to pray, he declared that he was going to pray for the sick and that the LORD had spoken to him that many people are going to be healed. And so as the man of God told everybody to now lift up their hands to receive their healing in the name of the LORD, I lifted Sonia’s cloth which I had carried to the meeting. And by faith, I lifted the cloth and cried unto the LORD to remember the little child and deliver her from the torturous pain she has had for the last 5 years since she was born. The meeting went on for two days and the healing service was for the two days. After the two days, the meeting ended and people dispersed..

After a couple of weeks, I called my sister to enquire how Sonia was doing, and I was told that Sonia had gone to visit my mother in another place. And when I called my mother she told me that as far as she could observe, Sonia had not been feeling pain and experiencing swell for some days now and infact she had put on some considerable weight. And to make matters clear, the drugs that they used to give her on a daily basis had gotten finished two weeks earlier and since they did not have money to purchase more of the drugs they had not given Sonia any, but surprisingly she looked very fine. 

After two months, I travelled home and I found Sonia very healthy, playful, big, and plump and the most jovial human being I had ever seen. And so I thanked the LORD God Almighty, the LORD Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit for having healed the little girl and setting her completely free. And so I’m writing this testimony to encourage everyone that the LORD is capable of healing all the diseases even the so called incurable ones. 

Six months down the line Sonia has not had any trace of the disease and she is very firt and infact she has gone back to school, a place she had been earlier withdrawn from due to her previous condition. Praise be to the LORD.

And now back to my own testimony. In the year 1990 when I was an 8 year old young man, I had an encounter with the LORD Jesus Christ. And the LORD appeared to me in a dream. And in the dream, I found myself standing on a beach near a big water body (A lake /Ocean). I stood there watching at the lake. And then slowly by slowly, I saw an object that looked like a ferry/a ship moving slowly on the sideways from my right eye to the left of my eye. I then saw a man dressed in a white robe (full dress) standing on the ferry/ship and he was beckoning at me to come over to him. Though there was silence in our communication (He was just waving his hands at me without talking and I was also silent). I instantly knew in the dream that the man was Jesus Christ. But I wondered how I was going to reach unto him in the water, and before I knew it, I found myself running towards him and then I fell down after a few steps on the beach sand.  I was made to understand in the dream that Jesus Christ had called me. I then woke up from the dream.

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me

Mathew 22:14 “For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

Matthew 4:21-22 Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.

Luke 5:27-28 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. “Follow me,” Jesus said to him and Levi got up, left everything and followed him

John 1:43 The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, “Follow me.”

Mathew 4:19-20 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” At once they left their nets and followed him.

Mathew 9:37-38 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.  Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”


No comments:

Post a Comment